- Once, long ago, a beautiful woman spent her time praying near
a lotus pond. She was hoping that the gods would grant her a child.
- She was very determined. She prayed like this for months on
- Shiva and Parvati looked down and saw the woman who was praying so hard!
- These two gods decided to take the form of deer and then
- At the end of their play a magical drop of liquid fell onto a
lotus bud that was growing in the pond below, near the praying
- It landed on this lotus flower with perfect accuracy.
- Soon the flower opened and a beautiful baby could be seen
- The praying woman now opens her eyes. Upon seeing such a
beautiful child she stretches out her arms and lifts it up!
- After so many years of praying, the woman could not believe
her good fortune!
- The lovely girl that was found in the lotus is named Tamarai,
the name of the flower her mother found her lying on.
- Tamarai loves her swing which hangs in the family garden.
She sits on it every day!
- She spends every afternoon here, enjoying the open air and
swing’s gentle movement.
- Tamarai also loves birds, especially the doves that hang
around her garden.
- She feeds these birds every day, and listens to their soft
- And so, like this, Tamarai grows to become a beautiful young girl indeed!!